Join us May 16th to help us legalize cannabis for all adults 21 and older.
When: Thursday, May 16th, 2019 Orientation begins at 12:00 pm
Where: Legislative Hall 411 Legislative Ave. Dover, Delaware 19901
We are headed back to Legislative Hall the first week the Delaware General Assembly is back in session, which only meets Tuesday – Thursday January through June 30th. We need your help to legalize cannabis for ALL adults. Stand with us and help send a strong message to our General Assembly that their constituents want them to introduce a new legalization bill, and end cannabis prohibition in the 1st State. Delaware doesn’t have voter initiative like the other states, so citizen lobbying is the ONLY way to legalize cannabis in Delaware.
– You do not need tickets for this event, and it is Free and Open to the Public. However, we ask that you please register to help us coordinate the event better.
– We have volunteers who will help you make an appointment with your legislator (email firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text (302) 404-4208) or see below for further instructions on making your own appointment.
– There is Parking for Legislative Hall on Federal St. next to the building.
– Legislative Hall has a cafeteria, but you may want to bring a snack, as it is a long day.
– We will have a reception / networking / debrief session following the lobby day. TBA
– We ask that everyone please dress business casual – professional to lobby, and wear green if you can.
– If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or (302) 404-4208.
1) Register for Citizens’ Cannabis Lobby Day 22
2) Make an appointment with your legislators. Use this example to help you:
“Hello, My name is ____; I will be attending a lobby day Thursday, May 16th, and I would like to set up an appointment to speak to my Representative/ Senator or their aide please”.
(We have experienced team leaders to help you with talking points, and effective citizen lobbying techniques so you have an idea of what to expect if you have never lobbied before. Delaware has no voter initiative (referendum process), so directly engaging our local Representatives & Senators is the ONLY way the law will change. Don’t know who your legislator is? Look it up here: https:// legis.delaware.gov/, or Contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please send us an email at email@example.com or text (302) 404-4208 with your appointment time so we can add it to our schedule. Those that preregister will receive a complementary, solidarity name tag the day of the event.
3) Spread the word, get others signed up! (CO, WA, OR, AK, CA, MA, ME, NV, VT & DC legalized cannabis with the hard work of citizens like you; we need people actively helping us engage our legislators to change the law. Share our website (delawarecannabis.org) & Facebook page.)
4) Meet us in the lobby at Legislative Hall on May 16th, at 12:00 pm. (Talking points will be provided, but feel free to prepare your own personal message to share with your legislator, as well.)
PLEASE DRESS PROFESSIONALLY.
5) Donate to Delaware CAN to fund events like Lobby Day and our other efforts to legalize cannabis in Delaware in 2019.
https:// delawarecannabisadvocacynetwork.wildapricot.org/ Donate
Citizen lobbying is a proven and effective way to convince legislators to act. Even if you’ve attended a lobby day before; even if your legislators have taken a position one way or the other; it’s critical that you join with other legalization advocates on January 10th at Legislative Hall to stand in solidarity for sensible cannabis policy. Let’s make 2019 the year that Delaware becomes the first state to legalize cannabis through the legislative process.